This position is responsible to lead an accurate and timely preparation of bids for jobs and will need extensive knowledge of construction industry’s means and methods, costs and engineering principles.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Subcontractors and Engineers.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Send request for quotes to vendors and subcontractors.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand bid documents and assess project risks.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare timely and accurate estimates
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Bridge Structure experience.
- Public works sector experience a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software, HeavyBid estimating experience a plus.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office.
- Knowledge of on-screen take-off software i.e. blue beam or Agtek earthwork takeoff software is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects.
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands.
- Excellent written an oral communicator.