The purpose of the Superintendent is to provide the necessary leadership to plan, organize, direct, supervise, coordinate and control all daily activities on the jobsite in order to meet project completion requirements and profitability objectives while maintaining and building good customer relationships.
- Ensures that proper safety planning is included in all pre-job planning and considered foremost in the daily operations. Regularly holds safety meetings and makes sure that OSHA standards and the company’s safety policies are being enforced.
- Productively supervise a project on your own and effectively communicate with both the client and project manager. Ability to move between projects and manage several crews if required.
- Create daily and two-week schedules in accordance with the overall project schedule and communicate them with all supervision onsite.
- Properly plan your work and maintain the appropriate amount of labor to streamline project completion in the most efficient manner possible. Identify productivity issues and take action to resolve them before the project is negatively impacted.
- Analyzes daily and weekly cost reports with the Project Manager, to determine areas in need of special attention, and initiates changes and procedures to bring costs back into budget.
- Represent the company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Order materials, schedule deliveries and effectively coordinate and positively communicate with other ASI/BACC personnel to achieve project and organizational success.
- Manage the field aspects of all ASI/BACC subcontractors.
- Responsible for all field level project information reporting as required, including but not limited to computerized daily reporting, production reports, daily crew schedule, and two- week look ahead schedules for your crew, safety documentation, and material ticket processing.
- Ability to identify and manage T&M and Change Order work.
- Effectively lead all ASI/BACC supervision assigned to the project. Continuously develop leadership skills.
- Willingness to participate as a working member of a crew if necessary.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Associates degree required – Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Construction Tech/Construction Civil Engineering education preferred
- Possesses the leadership skills and technical knowledge to manage large scale tasks or phases of large-scale projects.
- Proficient in HCSS Heavy Job
- Ability to read and understand all civil, structural and architectural plans, specifications, contractual requirements as well as knowledge of the materials, equipment and tools necessary to complete the work.
- Proficient in PC software and systems such as Microsoft Office; PDF, Emailing, Using Spread Sheets, Online Plan & Document Storage, Microsoft Project (or other scheduling platforms).
- Possess strong organizational, management, oral and written communication skills.
- OSHA 30 hour
- HazMat (OSHA 40 worker and 8-hour supervisor)
- CPR / AED and Basic First Aid