ASI/BACC is hiring for a hands-on Construction Diesel Mechanic for our heavy highway construction operations. Our ideal candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a collaborative, team-based environment; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
This person will be responsible for:
- Continual evaluation of construction equipment for required repairs; communicating issues to management; and maintenance and repair of all construction equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Traveling to job sites to inspect, evaluate and repair construction equipment as well as coordinating deliveries to the warehouse.
- Administrative work relating to paperwork, tracking maintenance logs and other scheduling items.
Candidates who meet the following criteria will be considered for this position:
- 4+ yrs. hands-on experience preferred with hydraulic, pneumatic, small engine diesel, gasoline and fleet vehicle repair & maintenance. Continually evaluates the status of equipment and communicates these issues to the Equipment Manager. This person is responsible for maintenance and repair of all construction equipment, tools & vehicles.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot & diagnose equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when & what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Must be able to travel to construction job sites to evaluate, inspect and repair construction equipment
- Performs all work in compliance with industry standards, company safety policies and procedures. Exhibits a Safety 24/7 attitude in all situations.
- Must be flexible with work hours in order to deal with urgent equipment failures or jobsite needs. Must have a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicles or drive for business purposes.
- Familiarity with HCSS Equipment 360 a plus
- CDL Drivers license is preferred