This position is responsible to lead an accurate and timely preparation of bids for jobs and will need extensive knowledge of the construction industry’s means and methods, costs, and engineering principles.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Subcontractors, and Engineers.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Send requests for quotes to vendors and subcontractors.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
- Review and understand bid documents and assess project risks.
- Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare timely and accurate estimates
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned Requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
- Bridge Structure experience.
- Public works sector experience is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software, HeavyBid estimating experience a plus.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office.
- Knowledge of on-screen take-off software i.e. blue beam or Agtek earthwork takeoff software is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles.
- Familiarity with all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects.
- Well organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and multi-tasked.
- Prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands.
- Excellent written and oral communicator.